Friday, March 5, 2010

Rule of Thirds




I started a class. I have homework. Yikes. My photography teacher will be giving our class a homework assignment each week. The scary part???? He will be posting our pictures from our memory card up on a screen, IN FRONT of the WHOLE Class. The even scarier part???? NO EDITING! Straight from the camera.




The homework this week was to shoot pictures using the "Rule Of Thirds" which basically means your focal point is somewhere along the picture at the intersections of where the picture is cut into thirds horizonally and vertically.




Ok.




Well, I sort of feel I cheated on the second picture. I shot it in Black and White. But I abided by the rules - no editing! And the first shot, that was more happenstance. We have been blesssed by gorgeous sunsets and sunrises these past couple of weeks. I love how the lightpost happens to be in the picture, too, as a focal point.




Looking forward to leanring. Hopefully, this old dog can learn some new tricks :)

1 comment:

  1. Great work!!! The no editing part would kill me! I rely shooting in RAW so I can fix my lighting issues lol

    ReplyDelete